2 cups nuts
¾ cup dried coconut (unsweetened, shredded)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup cacao powder (or finely ground nibs)
3 cups cherries (fresh, or frozen then thawed)
1/3 cup water
8 dates (pitted)
2 tablespoons raw agave nectar (optional)
1. For the cobbler crumble, place the nuts, coconut, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor, fitted with the S-blade, and process until coarsely ground.
2. Add the raisins and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. To make the cherry filling, take about 2 cups of the cherries, chop them, and set aside in a large bowl. Then place the rest of the cherries along with the water, dates, and agave in a blender and process until smooth.
4. Pour into the bowl with the chopped cherries and stir.
5. To assemble the crisp, sprinkle 1/2 of the cobbler crumble ingredients into an 8-inch square glass-baking dish. Press down to make a crust.
6. Spread the cherry filling on top. Sprinkle the remaining cobbler crumble on top of the cherry filling.
7. Serve at room temperature, or warm in a dehydrator for up to an hour at 130 Fahrenheit for extra deliciousness. (I highly recommend this for when you want to eat it warm.)
Cherry and chocolate deliciousness!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!