2 cups raw nuts
¾ cup dried coconut (unsweetened, shredded)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup cacao powder (or finely ground nibs)
3 cups cherries (fresh, or substitute some frozen ones that have been thawed)
1/3 cup water
8 dates (pitted)
2 tablespoons raw agave nectar (optional)
1. Place the nuts, coconut, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor, fitted with the S-blade, and process until coarsely ground.
2. Add the raisins and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. Take about 2 cups of the cherries, chop them, and set aside in a large bowl. Then place the rest of the cherries along with the water, dates, and agave in a blender and process until smooth.
4. Pour into the bowl with the chopped cherries and stir.
5. To assemble the crisp, sprinkle 1/2 of the cobbler crumble ingredients into an 8-inch square glass-baking dish. Press down to make a crust.
6. Spread the cherry filling on top. Sprinkle the remaining cobbler crumble on top of the cherry filling.
7. Serve at room temperature, or warm in a dehydrator for up to an hour at 130 F for extra deliciousness. (I highly recommend this for when you want to eat it warm.)
Cherry and chocolate deliciousness!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!