Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
For chocolate cups:
20g/3tbsp cacao powder
3 medjool dates
75ml/1/3 cup water
10g/1½tbsp cacao powder
1 medjool date
c. ¼ cup water
250g 3 frozen bananas (you should break these into chunk and place into a freezer bag before freezing)
1/2 vanilla pod (optional)
Make the chocolate cups:
• In the processor process half the buckwheaties to a flour.
• Into a bowl place the whole buckwheaties, the buckwheat flour, and the cacao.
• Put 3 dates into the processor and add the water. Process into a sticky jam-like mixture.
• Add the date mixture to the buckwheat and cacao and work together well until you have a sticky dough.
• Line the base and side of four 3-inch muffin tins with the mixture.
• Place these into the freezer while you make the other parts of the dish.
Make the sauce:
• In the processor, combine the tahini, cacao and dates, adding the water bit by bit until you have thick and creamy sauce.
Make the ice-cream:
• Take the banana chunks out of the freezer. Leave them in the bag and break them up – this will be too difficult to do if you take them out as they are really cold!.
• Working quickly, deseed the vanilla (if using) and put to one side.
- If you are using a juicer:
• Put the banana chucks through the masticating juicer, catching the resulting ice-cream in a bowl. Add the vanilla seeds and mix well, work quickly!
- If you are using a food processor:
• Add the chucks of frozen banana and vanilla seeds to the bowl and process, including a piece of fresh banana if needed to help the processor.
Assemble the dish:
• Upturn the chocolate cups to get them out of the muffin cases and place on your serving dish.
• Scoop a generous spoonful of banana ice-cream into each chocolate cup.
• Pour over a smooth and creamy portion of sauce.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
It is my ultimate raw food dessert...I can't imagine why you would ever want to eat a non-raw pudding when you could have this!
You can find more raw recipes on my website: http://pathlesstrodden.com
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
I'm nixing garlic, onions, salt, herbs, & oilsClaireT - 8 hours 29 min ago
Mike Lawson's raw food journalClaireT - 8 hours 31 min ago
Maca and msm, how do you overcome the taste?RawLifer - 12 hours 9 min ago
100% raw, does it work for you?RawLifer - 12 hours 47 min ago
Does anyone else experience thisRawLifer - 13 hours 13 min ago