Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldPlate to pass around
* about I teaspoon of chia seeds, ground in my trusty Bamix mill ( http://www.bamix.com/de/) and plonked in a bowl with enough fresh orange juice to cover and make a very thick sludge.
* about 3 tablespoons of walnuts ground roughly with
* an equal quantity of sultanas (raisins),
* a dessert spoon of raw cacao powder
* orange zest to taste (or vanilla, or whatever you fancy to spike your flavours!)
* cocoa nibs ground or smashed roughly for crunch and texture
Incorporate the walnut/cocoa mix into the gooey sludge until you have a gluey, sticky, slightly orange-flavoured, chocolate ball.
Add enough cocoa nibs for texture and crunch.
The texture should be slightly jellied, but firm ( a little like well set turkish delight) but with crunchy walnut bits and cocoa nibs.
Roll the mix into apricot pit-sized truffles, and set aside whilst making the chocolate for the shells:
My chocolate shells were basic and very easy -
* a big dollop of soft-but-still-solid coconut oil (perhaps 3 tablespoons),
* a little panela (evaporated cane juice),
* a small slug of maple syrup
* about two more dessertspoons of cocoa
* a small pinch of salt
Whizz it all up in your mill or grinder… Easier than pie :).
Finally the blade came out of the mill, and in went the truffles for a toss in their chocolate bath (I used two small cocktail forks to swish them around).
NB Double dipped truffles would be even more decadent!
Double NB: These truffles MUST be kept refrigerated - the chocolate mix will melt at room temperature!
Mopoke's ThoughtsBy Mopoke
Raw food Tim Tams! - My son wouldn't agree, but for me this is the closest I've come since being raw to that choc-covered biscuit slice with the fudgy innards that - despite being so bad for me - used to taste great savoured with a glass of icy milk.
The resemblance came in the way that, when I nibbled the truffle in between small sips of water, the chia filling literally meltied into the mouth ..... um maybe you had to be there.
This was a recipe that I wasn't expecting to be a keeper so the measurements are approximate.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Newbie PageClaireT - 23 hours 13 min ago
Does anyone else experience thisgesolgonheather - 2 days 2 hours ago
unsuccessful printing of ebook. Help?!The Rawtarian - 4 days 3 hours ago
Maca, friend or foe?ClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago
Is The Fish Oil Good for Health?vicky_spd15 - 1 week 2 days ago