Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield1 1/2 pints
4 very ripened bananas (frozen)
1 cup fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (add more or less according to taste)
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
1/2 vanilla bean or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 4 tablespoons raw agave to taste
Pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-freeze bananas. Select 4 very ripened (brown spots on skin), peel them, wrap in plastic wrap or place in covered container, and freeze for at least 24 hours.
2. Break frozen bananas in 1/2 or 1/4 and place in food processor along with raw cacao powder, sea salt, vanilla, and 1/2 of the cherries. Process until smooth and creamy, adding more agave if necessary.
3. Add remainder of cherries and cacao nibs. Pulse just enough to break up cherries and ensure they and cacao nibs are evenly mixed throughout the ice cream.
Cj's ThoughtsBy cj
I don't remember where I got the base recipe from (frozen bananas, agave vanilla, sea salt). Maybe from here, or one of my raw food books.
I have played around with several variations, and this, by far, is the best one yet.
Eat some now (wonderful soft-serve consistency) and freeze the rest for later. Enjoy!
1) all measurements (with the exception of the 4 bananas) are approximate--adjust according to your taste.
2) You may want to add a little more agave than you think you need to account for the cacao nibs that are added at the end.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw Food & Army LifeRin - 8 hours 33 min ago
No weight loss?ClaireT - 1 day 8 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss Supportamanda966 - 1 day 22 hours ago
What to I do if my grandma pushes cooked food on me?Harmony1 - 2 days 5 hours ago
Sick when eating cooked foodtryingtoraw - 3 days 4 hours ago