All ingredients are estimates and you can adjust them to your tastes. Nothing has to be exact in this recipe.
- .5 c dates
- 2-3 Tbsp tahini, or other nut butter
- 1-2 c coconut flakes
- favorite chocolate sauce recipe (OR mix 1 Tbsp coconut oil(melted) with cacao powder and
agave to desired taste and consistency)
1. In blender or food processor, blend dates with enough water to make a thick paste
2. Add tahini, and blend until well mixed in
3. Transfer date tahini mixture to large bowl and start adding coconut. Stir as you go and you can add a lot or a little depending on what outcome you would like. The more coconut you add the stiffer they will be making them easier to make into shapes.
4. Make into desired shape (I made little balls). Put in freezer while you make chocolate sauce.
5. If you want them completely covered in chocolate, roll them in the chocolate sauce. Or you can drizzle the sauce over them.
6. Put in fridge or freezer to allow chocolate to set.
Extra special additions: you can mix some chopped nuts into the chocolate before you dip them, or you can roll them in chopped nuts, coconut, or cocoa powder for an extra special fancy treat!
I made these the other night and by the end of the night my boyfriend had devoured almost all of them! With the exception of the 2 that I ate and the 1 that our roommate ate. I believe he finished off the rest of them the next day. That being said, this recipe makes quite a lot, so if you don't want to eat them all and think you might be tempted, you might want to make half the recipe!
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
Little bite sized coconut wonders.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Superfoods and supplementsJanace - 49 min 32 sec ago
cravings for dense sweet food & tahiniClaireT - 18 hours 54 min ago
2 MONTHS VEGAN AND SOOO BLOATED!!!!! HELP!TammiTrue - 2 days 18 hours ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?ClaireT - 2 days 20 hours ago
Help and Suggestions?Fruity - 3 days 1 hour ago