20 strawberries (washed)
1 cup cacao butter (melted)
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup honey
Sprinkle of salt
5 drops vanilla
1. Shave the sides of a cacao butter block into a double boiler and melt the butter on a low flame. If you can still touch the water in the bottom boiler, the temperate is low enough and your cacao butter will stay raw. You can also use a hot water bath. It will just take a bit longer.
2. Pour the melted cacao butter in a blender.
3. Add the honey first, so it can melt a little, and then add the other ingredients (except the strawberries of course) and blend on a low setting to avoid splashing.
4. Dip your strawberries into the mixture in the blender. I didn’t bother transferring the liquid chocolate into a different container, because I didn’t want to waste any getting stuck to the blender walls.
5. Dip some strawberries in by holding onto the greens on top. With others, I removed the greens and dropped them into the blender, and then fished them out with a spoon. Really big ones I chopped into smaller chunks. When I ran out of strawberries, I put some banana slices in as well as walnut halves.
6. Pull the chocolate coated strawberries (banana slices, nut pieces) out of the blender with a spoon and place on wax paper or any non-stick surface.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours. Voila!
Odonsoterias's ThoughtsBy Odonsoterias
A few weeks ago, my husband and I “cheated” because we couldn’t resist the chocolate covered strawberries we were offered.
We felt like bricks afterwards, realizing that there was most likely hydrogenated oil in the chocolate and, of course, the strawberries were not organic.
Well, we repented and then worked on making a healthy version. And, of course, these tasted far better than the hydrogenated oil pesticide ones.
Variations: Try adding some mint oil to the liquid chocolate. The strawberry and mint chocolate combination is awesome. Powdered ginger added to the chocolate also adds a nice kick.
Experiment by mixing the cocoa powder with some carob for a lighter taste.
When licking the blender clean, make sure you move your fingers in the direction the blades spin and you won’t cut yourself. I learned that the hard way.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
blackheads!!!travisb - 11 hours 55 min ago
Hello Rawtarianstravisb - 1 day 5 hours ago
Wheatgrass in LA !!!bluesky-raw vegan - 1 day 18 hours ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 2 days 19 hours ago
Homemade almond butter?amytee - 3 days 2 hours ago