Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup coconut oil
1½ cups cacao powder
1 cup agave nectar
1. Over extremely low heat, melt the coconut oil. Coconut oil melts around 75 F, so you shouldn’t have to do much heating.
2. Stir in the cacao powder. Use a really good cacao powder. I’ve had some that taste like chocolate, and some with a funky, fermented taste that is nothing like real chocolate. Also, don’t try to make your own. I’ve done this and it never turns out well. Use a really high quality powdered powder. You won’t regret the difference.
3. Stir in the agave nectar. I recommend starting with half of the amount and adjusting to taste.
4. Let cool very slightly and then drizzle over anything (I’d eat socks if they had this on it. Raw Ice Cream is probably better for you, though.).
5. Let cool in the fridge, stirring every two or three minutes until just creamy. Too warm and you won’t be able to pipe it/form it, because it will ooze. Too cold and you’ll have chocolate chips/blocks instead of ganache. I find this takes about 10 minutes with my fridge, max.
EATING OUT OF HAND
6. If you’re patient enough not to guzzle the stuff, stick it in the fridge until hard and then spoon it out like serious fudge.
Poemomm's ThoughtsBy poemomm
This ganache is perfect for decorating cakes and pies, or for a number of other applications (I’m thinking Magic Shell, baybeee!).
I prefer the flavor of the finished product when made with coconut oil (closer to the aforementioned Magic Shell) but you can sub in cacao butter if your budget and taste buds so desire.
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Please note: There’s some debate about whether the temperatuers used for fermenting cacao render the beans technically ‘cooked’ or whether they’re still raw.
In my point of view, there’s three options: 1) Decide they’re cooked and either use the powder anyway or use roasted cocoa powder; 2) Decide they’re raw and use the powder anyway; or 3) Use carob. Assuming you haven’t ordered roasted carob. lol
Since I’m high raw, I don’t worry about not being ‘all raw’ and let my conscience ride easily.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Botox treatment to enhance the facial appearance?schwam66 - 1 hour 57 min ago
vitamins on a raw dietschwam66 - 3 hours 22 min ago
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 3 days 9 hours ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 3 days 9 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 6 days 14 hours ago