Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
3 cups cashews (soaked 4 or more hours)
1 cup water (more if needed to help turn over in Vitamix)
1 1/8 cups agave nectar
1/3 cup cacao butter (melted)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 scraped vanilla beans (discard pods)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons peppermint extract or flavor
10 drops peppermint essential oil
2 cups cacao powder
1. Put everything, except the cacao powder, into the Vitamix and blend until really smooth (key to get the texture right), adding more water if needed.
2. Add the cacao powder and blend until incorporated. I need to use the plunger attachment that comes with the Vitamix to work the cacao powder in. You could always pour the batter into a large bowl and mix the cacao powder in by hand with a whisk.
3. Pour mixture into a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Be sure to line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.
4. Place in freezer for 3 hours.
5. Separate sides of tart pan from bottom and store cheesecake in refrigerator.
DMSK's ThoughtsBy DMSK
This really does taste like the Fannie May Mint Meltaway Candies that I used to love, but without the sugar low that follows.
I used to make a crust for it but my kids and I just wanted the yummy, creamy goodness in the center.
So I started lining the pan with wax paper to help with serving.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?Matt_Raw - 2 hours 32 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 1 day 11 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 1 day 13 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 1 day 17 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 2 days 18 min ago