Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
YieldAbout 7 pancakes; serves 2
2 large apples
1 cup dates or apricots (softened)
1 cup coconut (dried)
1/2 cup flax seed (ground)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (ground)
2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon mixed spice
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon psyllium husk or flax (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice (optional)
1/2 cup pine nuts or sunflower seeds
1/4 cup water (to make a pouring cream)
Pinch of salt (optional)
1. Grind the seeds and coconut together in the grinder.
2. Put all the dry ingredients into a food processor, run the processor and drop in the fruit (I have to do this with my Magimix; otherwise it seizes up). You may be able to process it all at once.
3. Use an ice-cream scoop to take scoopfuls and place on a teflex sheet and flatten out into thin rounds with a fork.
4. Place in the dehydrator for about 1 1/2 hours at 145 F and then flip over and dry for another hour until the pancakes are pliable but still soft.
5. Store in the fridge for breakfast the next day.
6. Put all the ingredients for the filling into the food processor. Pulse until you have a chunky puree you like.
7. Warm through gently on a gas stove before placing the mixture on the pancakes.
8. Blend up the nuts or seeds with a little water to make a thin cream.
9. Place the pancakes on a plate, spoon the warmed fruit mixture on top and spread to cover the pancake.
10. Pour over the cream and dust with cacao powder and cinnamon. Delicious!
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Gorgeous satisfying breakfast, yet quite light.
I can’t believe I ate the whole plateful!
Prepare the pancakes the night before you want to eat them. You could ‘bake’ them on a low setting overnight in the dehydrator.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitBlue_Eyes - 1 day 4 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 2 days 22 hours ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 3 days 22 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 3 days 22 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 4 days 3 hours ago