Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
1½ cups wheatberries (sprouted)
1 cup pecans
1 cup Medjool dates (soaked if not soft)
1 cup carrots (shredded)
¾ cup fresh pineapple
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 orange peel (grated)
1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla butternut flavor (optional)
Sprinkle of fresh cherries, pecans, and coconut (for decoration)
1 cup coconut (shredded)
½ cup raisins
1. In a food processor, blend the wheatberries, pecans, and coconut until crumbly.
2. Place mixture in large bowl.
3. Process the dates and pineapple. Add to bowl.
4. Grate carrots by hand. Add to bowl with raisins.
5. Add cinnamon, orange peel and vanilla or vanilla butternut flavor (optional). Mix all ingredients by hand.
6. Divide mixture in two.
7. Pat into cake form about 1/2 inch thick.
8. Dehydrate about 10-12 hours at 100 F. Flip halfway through.
9. Stack layers.
10. Sprinkle with coconut and decorate with fresh cherries and pecan halves.
Shortnotgold's ThoughtsBy shortnotgold
This cake combines two of my favorite desserts: carrot cake and friendship cake.
They both have strong emotional ties for me. So I dug out the recipes and decided I could make this raw, no problem.
It takes a bit of time but, oh, it smells so good right now.
I’m actually going to serve this for Thanksgiving so people will see and taste how good this food is. Yummy.
Frost this if you want!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
How do you not get bored of just raw fruit and veg 24-7?????jeddoveyl - 3 hours 57 min ago
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 16 hours 56 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 5 days 9 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 1 day ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 1 day ago