Rating4.2/5 (from 10 ratings)4.2
1 cup golden flax meal
1 cup Granny Smith apple (chopped)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
2 cups water
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup unsweetened coconut (shredded, dried)
1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all the ingredients, except the nuts, and process to form a smooth batter with the consistency of thick cream.
2. Mix in the nuts next.
3. For each pancake, using a offset spatula, spread 1/4 cup of the batter onto an 8-inch round on a nonstick drying sheet or wax paper. You should have 4 pancakes in all. I use up all my batter so just keep making pancakes if you would like to do that or reserve batter for later use.
4. Place the sheets in the dehydrator shelves and dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 1 1/2 hours, or until pliable.
5. Flip the pancakes off the sheets onto the shelves for continued dehydration, about 30 minutes longer or until dry enough for your tastes.
6. Serve with bananas and agave or maple syrup.
Bellasera's ThoughtsBy bellasera
This is a variation on my curried pancakes after craving a Sunday breakfast.
With the raw bacon here and a few others items, it became a Sunday breakfast feast, hopefully soon to be a once a month Sunday breakfast buffet with friends.
They are simply yummy.
I make these the day before so they are ready for breakfast with a little warm up in the dehydrator.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Which is the best sub-forum to chronicle a raw journey?raw2life - 1 day 20 hours ago
What's your favourite raw snack?raw2life - 1 day 20 hours ago
New to the forum, but...raw2life - 2 days 1 hour ago
Hi! I'm new!ClaireT - 2 days 2 hours ago
hearts of palmharpmom - 2 days 19 hours ago