Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
1 white onion
1 little gem lettuce or half a cabbage or half a Chinese leaf lettuce
300ml avocado mayonnaise (see recipe link below)
Up to 100ml water
Salt and pepper (add if desired)
1. Using half of the recipe for the Avocado Mayonnaise, mix it up with up to 100ml of water (depending on how runny or thick you want the liquid part of the coleslaw). Set aside.
2. With regards to the next ingredients, add more of something if you want to or change the item for something else. Red onion could be used, kale leaf, romaine lettuce or anything you want.
3. Grate the onion. I used my food processor grater, but you could use a manual grater or even chop the onion by hand. Put aside in a large bowl.
4. Grate the carrots. Again, I used my food processor grater. Put aside in the large bowl with the onion.
5. I have made this using Little Gem lettuce leaves, which I chopped by hand. I have also made the coleslaw using Chinese leaf lettuce, which I processed using the S blade in my food processor. Whatever way you want to get those leaves small, just go for it! Add to the bowl containing the onion and carrots.
6. Add salt and pepper if required and stir the veg up. Add the mayonnaise and mix the whole lot together.
DeborahBee's ThoughtsBy DeborahBee
Coleslaw is one of the foods I loved to eat straight from the tub!
Using the recipe for Avocado Mayonnaise, I have made a delicious coleslaw which is perfect for romaine wraps, adding to salads, using as a side dish, spooning onto crackers (or little gem lettuce leaves) or just eating as it is.
The ingredients above made quite a bit of coleslaw! Which will last me a few days. Have fun experimenting with the ingredients!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
DreadlocksClaireT - 19 hours 26 min ago
Sensitive teeth since bring rawClaireT - 3 days 15 hours ago
Diet and Exercising for Weight Loss!!!streem26 - 3 days 23 hours ago
Pueraria mirifica - Fountain of Youthlofms - 5 days 1 hour ago
Edamame education neededlaurad - 6 days 19 hours ago