Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMakes 2 cups
3 tablespoons golden flax seed
6 tablespoons water
1 cup agave nectar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup coconut (ground into powder; I use my coffee grinder)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla seeds
1. Soak the flax seed in water overnight.
2. Blend at high speed in the blender until the mixture is ‘fluffy’ and frothy.
3. Very slowly, add the agave nectar. Add the sea salt, coconut, and vanilla and continue to blend until mixture is very smooth and creamy looking.
4. Pour mixture into a shallow dish and place in the dehydrator.
5. Dehydrate at 115 F for at least 3 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
Poemomm's ThoughtsBy poemomm
This is a fantastic replacement for condensed milk for recipes like Girl-Scout Style Samoa Cookies and Magical Seven Layer Bars (recipes coming soon).
It will thicken and ‘caramelize’ in the dehydrator, and is surprisingly authentic in flavor.
Don’t let the coconut scare you--this isn’t a ‘coconut’ flavored condensed milk sub.
Use in recipes or continue to dehydrate to make ‘dulce de leche.’
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Happy to be here!wildebeest - 2 days 2 hours ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 2 days 3 hours ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 2 days 16 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 3 days 57 min ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 4 days 10 hours ago