Yield10 cakes, 2 salads, and quite a bit of dressing
5 ears of corn, remove corn
1 green pepper
small piece of red onion
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 jalepeno pepper
handful of fresh cilantro
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons agave
sea salt to taste
1 cup of ground flax
1.5 chipotle peppers (soaked in about 1/4 cup water)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon stevia (or, use sweetener of choice)
juice from one lemon
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 red bell pepper
1- 2 bunches of kale
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. To make the corn cakes, in a food processor, combine all ingredients except corn. Pulse until you’re left with a fairly fine puree.
2. Pour mixture into bowl and fold in corn. Add mixture back to processor and pulse a few times to break up the corn a bit (you want the corn to be somewhat chunky). Place mixture back in bowl and add flax meal. Mix until the flax has absorbed all of the excess liquid.
3. On a non-stick dehydrator sheet, use a dessert ring or cookie cutter to mold mixture into cake-like shapes (approximately 10).
4. Dehydrate overnight at 105 degrees.
5. To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Add salt if you’re not making the wilted kale.
6. To assemble, wash, remove stems, cut kale and place in a large bowl. Add salt and about 2-3 tablespoons of the chipotle dressing. Massage vigorously for approximately 5 minutes.
7. In a separate dish, add 1 tablespoon of chipotle dressing and 1/4 cup of chopped tomato, mix well.
8. In a large serving bowl, lay down wilted kale, corn cakes and top with tomato/chipotle mixture. Enjoy!
Rawxy's ThoughtsBy Rawxy
If you're like me, you overbuy corn at the market - so, here is a great way to put that corn to good use!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.