Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield18-20 average size, depends how big you like your cookies
2 cups oat flour
1 cup cashew flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup cacao butter (melted)
2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
½ cup coconut (shredded)
½ cup raw chocolate chips/chunks (use your fave recipe)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or half a bean pod (scraped)
¼ cup yacon syrup
2 tablespoons lucuma powder
1 teaspoon maca powder
2 tablespoons agave nectar
½ cup pecans (chopped, soaked, and dehydrated first if possible)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Melt the oils together and add them with the yacon to the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla bean, chocolate chips, and pecans at this stage too.
3. Then mix with a wooden spoon to start, and then with your hands to make sure the oat flour absorbs moisture.
4. Use 1-2 tablespoons of mixture per cookie and smoosh flat on a plate (I like to give my cookies texture, as though they were dropped on a cookie sheet and spread in the oven but that’s just me. Shape them any way you like!).
5. Refrigerate until the oils harden.
3crows's ThoughtsBy 3crows
I saw a cooked version of this recipe in the back of a copy of Martha Stewart Living and thought I could make these raw.
So here they are: my raw version of Cowboy Cookies.
They’re a good thing.
I use part cacao butter in my cookie recipes so they hold up out of the fridge/freezer, and in this recipe I think it needs the hint of white chocolate taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourhappyknapps - 2 hours 52 min ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 4 hours 5 min ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 17 hours 14 min ago
Help!! Recurring Herpes Outbreakswrionmaw - 1 day 2 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 1 day 11 hours ago