Yield2 or 3 excalibur dehydrator sheets
3 cups carrots (shredded fine)
1 cup onion (thinly sliced)
1 cup whole golden or ground flax seed (soaked)
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Spirulina or finely ground herbs
1. Soak and grind (or grind and soak!) flax seeds.
2. In a food processor, use fine slicing blade for onion and fine shredder blade for carrots.
3. Combine flax, carrots, onion, oil, and salt in bowl and mix well.
4. Let mixture stand a while if it seems too wet.
5. Roll out, 1/4-inch thick onto Teflex and score or shape as i did using a sandwich keeper (found in supermarket food storage or bread isle or kitchen supply store). The lid has an indentation, which is perfect to make smaller bread.
6. Lay food wrap down first and fill with heaping tablespoon of mixture. Smooth with back of spoon.
7. Lift out wrap and flip onto Teflex. Remove wrap and stencil if desired.
8. Lay stencil down on dough and sprinkle a tiny amount of spirulina or herbs over stencil. Rub into openings with clean finger, or pastry brush.
9. Dehydrate 12 hours at 115 Fahrenheit, or as desired.
10. Flip when 3/4 dry and break apart crackers when dry to avoid curling.
I love using rubber rings that fit on the rolling pin to get exact thickness. They range from 1/16 inch to 3/8 inch thickness.
The bottom of the sandwich keeper makes a nice cutter for larger bread, and there is also a “crust cutter”, I use to make bread shaped…bread! Cut before dehydrating and leave the scraps in place.
I also use a large smooth roller for fondant. It is a few inches longer than the Teflex sheet.
Evergreen's ThoughtsBy evergreen
Light and crisp.
This is the way the breads pictured in my vegan Velveeta recipe were made!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 9 hours 29 min ago
On and off RawClaireT - 1 day 5 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 11 min ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 17 min ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 5 days 10 hours ago