Yield2 or 3 excalibur dehydrator sheets
3 cups carrots (shredded fine)
1 cup onion (thinly sliced)
1 cup whole golden flax seed (soaked) or ground flax seed
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Spirulina or finely ground herbs
Stencil (make or buy one)
1. Soak and grind (or grind and soak!) flax seeds.
2. In a food processor, use fine slicing blade for onion and fine shredder blade for carrots.
3. Combine flax, carrots, onion, oil, and salt in bowl and mix well.
4. Let mixture stand a while if it seems too wet.
5. Roll out, 1/4-inch thick onto Teflex and score or shape as i did using a sandwich keeper (found in supermarket food storage or bread isle or kitchen supply store). The lid has an indentation, which is perfect to make smaller bread.
6. Lay food wrap down first and fill with heaping tablespoon of mixture. Smooth with back of spoon.
7. Lift out wrap and flip onto teflex. Remove wrap and stencil if desired.
8. Lay stencil down on dough and sprinkle a tiny amount of spirulina or herbs over stencil. Rub into openings with clean finger, or pastry brush.
9. Dehydrate 12 hours at 115 Fahrenheit, or as desired.
10. Flip when 3/4 dry and break apart crackers when dry to avoid curling.
Evergreen's ThoughtsBy evergreen
Light and crisp.
Also in picture, I love using rubber rings that fit on the rolling pin to get exact thickness. They range from 1/16” to 3/8” thickness.
The bottom of the sandwich keeper makes a nice cutter for larger bread, and there is also a “crust cutter”, I use to make bread shaped…bread! Cut before dehydrating and leave the scraps in place.
I also use a large smooth roller for fondant. It is a few inches longer than the Teflex sheet.
This is the way the breads pictured in my vegan Velveeta recipe were made!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
DreadlocksClaireT - 9 hours 28 min ago
Sensitive teeth since bring rawClaireT - 3 days 5 hours ago
Diet and Exercising for Weight Loss!!!streem26 - 3 days 13 hours ago
Pueraria mirifica - Fountain of Youthlofms - 4 days 15 hours ago
Edamame education neededlaurad - 6 days 9 hours ago