Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMakes 1 pint
3 young coconuts, use only ones with thick, pure white meat
½ cup filtered water (can also use fresh coconut water)
½ cup agave nectar
½ an orange
1. Scrape the flesh from the coconuts. Choose coconuts with pure white meat, and it might be jelly like but as long as it’s white it’s fine. If the meat is too tough to scrape with a metal spoon, you will find after a nudge with a spoon you can pull the meat out with your hand.
2. Add all the meat to a vita-mix or other blender, along with the water. Cut an orange in half and squeeze as much juice and some of the pulp from half of the orange into the blender. Add the agave.
3. Blend on high until completely smooth. The result should be a runny cream, with a mild milky orange color.
4. Freeze the mixture for an hour or slightly less if it starts to crystalize, and then pour the mixture into a running ice cream maker and let it process for a half hour to 45 minutes. The beautiful result may be thick balls or slightly thinner, but it’s extremely delicious either way. An alternative to an ice cream maker is to pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for 2-3 hours, and then blend the cubes in a blender or food processor until creamy. You may need to add a tad of water to the blender/food processor, but try to use a very small amount.
5. Scoop into bowls or serve. Any leftovers should be refrigerated and before serving, you should repeat Step 4.
RawKidChef's ThoughtsBy RawKidChef
When deciding what flavor to explore with my young coconuts, a smooth, rich, creamy orange creamsicle was the first I could think of. I had no idea, however, it would turn out so good. It tastes just like a creamsicle from the Good Humor truck, but you’ll never believe it until you taste it! It looks just like it too. Also, you don’t need anything else to add to the coconut base because the orange balances out the coconut flavor.
PS I pictured this in a coconut bowl I made!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Newbie PageClaireT - 3 days 11 hours ago
Does anyone else experience thisgesolgonheather - 4 days 14 hours ago
unsuccessful printing of ebook. Help?!The Rawtarian - 6 days 15 hours ago
Maca, friend or foe?ClaireT - 1 week 4 days ago
Is The Fish Oil Good for Health?vicky_spd15 - 1 week 5 days ago