YieldMakes a couple cups, or 2.5 trays nori crackers
3½ cup walnuts (soaked 4-6 hours)
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons curry
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1. So you soak the walnuts for 4 to 12 hours (drain and rinse as needed) then draw off moisture with towel (can be a bit moist still).
2. Put everything in a food processor and mix till smooth, scraping sides, until it’s rolling around in a ball in the bowl. Add water to make it thin enough to spread. Adjust spices till you think it's delicious, then use it how you please. If you don’t use soy sauce, try salt or whatever you use to substitute. Maybe lemon and salt? (I have no idea, so I hope one of you do!)
3. We make nori chips/crackers (Alex’s favorite thing I make). You spread the nut butter to the edges of a sheet of nori, thick enough you can’t see the nori sheet below, and cover with a second sheet. Cut it into small squares with a SHARP knife (helps if you can just press hard on the knife to cut and not have to draw the knife back and forth). Dehydrate for 4-8 hrs till pretty dry (when you store them they soften up).
4. Or rolls – Spread a small strip of nut butter on the edge of a nori sheet (shiny side down). Roll it over and cut the sheet leaving an edge. Wet edge and seal roll. Place on dehydrator tray seam side down and dehydrate as above.
5. Or sushi – The nut butter is also good as a base for sushi. Spread all across a nori sheet, put stuff in it and roll it up!
Sid23's ThoughtsBy sid23
Yup, I am a recipe posting machine!
This is a staple for us.
It’s the first nut butter I made and it’s been our favorite nut butter thus far (since June).
Turmeric, curry and cayenne are all good for you too!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 2 days 15 hours ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 2 days 15 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 5 days 20 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 5 days 20 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 1 week 3 hours ago