½ cup cacao powder (or nibs that you powder in a coffee mill)
1 cup Medjool date paste (use 3/4 to 1 cup, depending on how sweet you want it)
½ cup coconut oil
1. Put Medjool dates in the blender, barely cover with water, and soak for 15-30 minutes. Then blend until smooth.
2. Put in cacao powder and continue blending until well combined.
3. Then add coconut oil and blend until the mixture is nice and smooth, and all the oil is absorbed.
4. Add whatever flavorings you desire (essential oils, fresh herbs, fruit, nuts, coconut, nut butter, or just leave plain).
5. Put individual serving size portions on paper lined tray or in decorative candy cups (mini-muffin cups, etc.)
6. Freeze for at least an hour to harden.
This makes a heavenly Chocolate Candy Base for those that don’t want/can’t use honey, agave, or other syrups. We don’t tolerate those, but can indulge in Medjool dates. :)
This makes a nice, thick, smooth chocolate that, when frozen to set up, keeps its form very well and has a great texture.
And yes, this also makes a wonderful, smooth, and creamy icing for raw cakes!
These can be kept in the fridge or freezer after they set up. They didn’t get too hard in the freezer after being left overnight.
Have fun with it, and let me know what variations you come up with!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!