2 cups almonds (blended to flour)
1 cup coconut oil for filling (melted)
1/8 cup yacon, agave, or honey (added to melted oil)
¼ cup ground cinnamon (stirred into oil)
½ cup cacao powder (stirred into oil mixture)
1 tablespoon vanilla (stirred into oil mixture)
¼ teaspoon sea salt (stirred into oil mixture)
1. Pulse in blender or processor into fine crumbs.
2. Push into 9” inch pie pan or individual serving bowls.
3. Chill. Reserve some for the crumb topping.
4. Melt coconut oil.
5. Stir in yacon with the ground cinnamon, and then the cacao powder, vanilla, and salt.
6. May have to re-warm before squishing filling onto the crust. I used twice as much cacao to cinnamon with less than a cup of oil. You want the filling tight but not hard.
7. Top with reserved crust crumbs and enjoy!
Waterbaby12347's ThoughtsBy waterbaby12347
I am alway craving dark yummy chocolate but am diabetic so I have to experiment.
This one is wonderful! But use you own judgement on measurements.
As we all have our preferences, I use only yacon as it has a low glycemic index. The cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar and doesn’t really add any flavor.
I used the food processor instead of the blender for the crust and a mixing bowl for the filling.
As most of us do, I guessed at the measurements on the ingredient list.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Printing a recipeanewme - 7 hours 14 min ago
On and off RawRequisite - 17 hours 10 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 1 day 19 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 6 days 10 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 6 days 10 hours ago