2 cups almonds (blended to flour)
1 cup coconut oil for filling (melted)
1/8 cup yacon, agave, or honey (added to melted oil)
¼ cup ground cinnamon (stirred into oil)
½ cup cacao powder (stirred into oil mixture)
1 tablespoon vanilla (stirred into oil mixture)
¼ teaspoon sea salt (stirred into oil mixture)
1. Pulse in blender or processor into fine crumbs.
2. Push into 9” inch pie pan or individual serving bowls.
3. Chill. Reserve some for the crumb topping.
4. Melt coconut oil.
5. Stir in yacon with the ground cinnamon, and then the cacao powder, vanilla, and salt.
6. May have to re-warm before squishing filling onto the crust. I used twice as much cacao to cinnamon with less than a cup of oil. You want the filling tight but not hard.
7. Top with reserved crust crumbs and enjoy!
Waterbaby12347's ThoughtsBy waterbaby12347
I am alway craving dark yummy chocolate but am diabetic so I have to experiment.
This one is wonderful! But use you own judgement on measurements.
As we all have our preferences, I use only yacon as it has a low glycemic index. The cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar and doesn’t really add any flavor.
I used the food processor instead of the blender for the crust and a mixing bowl for the filling.
As most of us do, I guessed at the measurements on the ingredient list.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 41 min 7 sec ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 1 hour 2 min ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 3 days 6 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 3 days 6 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 4 days 13 hours ago