1 cup dry buckwheat soaked 6 hours, rinsing ever 30 minutes for the first 3 hours, sprouted 3 days, rinsing twice daily (dehydrate if storing)= 2 1/2 cups sprouted
1 cup dry quinoa rinsed 5 time, soaked 4-6 hours, sprouted 2-3 days on screens covered with undyed paper towels, sprinklled wiith water 4 times daily (dehydrate if storing)= 2 1/2 cups sprouted
1 cup dry flaxseed
1-2 cups carrot pulp (optional)
season to flavor- celtic salt, braggs
herbs- oregano, marjoram, basil, etc
1. in separate bowls, soak buckwheat and quinoa overnight in filtered water
2. next day rinse well and sprout 2 days rinsing 2x a day
3. soak flaxseeds 2 hours in 1 1/2 cups filtered water
4. combine all except flaxseed in processor with "s" blade
5. transfer to a bowl and mix in flaxseed and blend by hand
6. roll out the dough between 2 teflex sheets and place on a dehydrator tray, carefully peeling off the top sheet
7. dehydrate at 100F for 8 hours
8. peel crust off teflex, flip crust, and put on the tray w/o the teflex. at this point you can make an indent in the middle to form a ridge.
9. score as many slices as you like
10. dehydrate another 10 hours or until thoroughly dry. if storing, it must be hard.
Sweet Adeline's ThoughtsBy Sweet Adeline
combines with nuts/seeds, veggies, and dried tomatoes
recipe by Dennis Knicely, former director of The Living Light House, Santa Monica, CA
keeping flaxseed whole instead of ground keeps them from going rancid
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.