1 1/2 to 2 cups vegetable pulp from juicing (I used celery, carrot, tomato, spinach and cucumber)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
1 heaping tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup buckwheat crispies (soaked and dehydrated buckwheat groats)
1. Grind the pumpkin seeds in the food processor until powdery.
2. Add pulp and process until no large pieces are left.
3. Stir in chia seeds and salt, let sit for a minute or two.
4. Stir in buckwheat crispies.
5. Spread about 1/8 inch thick on teflex sheet and score into cracker shapes.
6. Dry for a few hours until they can be flipped and the teflex removed.
7. Dry until crisp. I usually leave them overnight.
8. There are many herbs and spices that could be added, however, they are great with just a little salt.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
I love these crackers! I can't quite describe the taste, they have a hint of a cheezit sort of taste. They are very crisp and not too dense.
I can't quite describe the taste, they have a hint of a cheezit sort of taste.
They are very crisp and not too dense.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.