Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield1 big serving or 2 smaller servings
1 tablespoon raw chocolate powder or 100% cocoa powder
1. Cover the dates in warm water and soak for 2 hours (I leave mine soaking over night.). If you don’t want to wait this long, then you can use raw agave nectar. However, leaving the dates to soak for a few hours makes the water very syrupy and scrumptious!
2. When the dates have soaked, add them to a blender and blend. This makes them into a thick syrupy date sauce.
3. They may not mix, so slowly add a little bit of water to get everything spinning. Once everything is spinning, stop adding water.
4. Chop the avocado and add to a food processor.
5. Add the date syrup to the food processor.
6. Add a big tablespoon of raw chocolate powder or 100% cocoa powder.
7. Food process it all.
8. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl to ensure everything gets mixed.
DeborahBee's ThoughtsBy DeborahBee
Really easy, super quick, and yummy chocolate mousse! Flavors, such as orange or lemon, can be added.
If you can’t get hold of raw chocolate powder, you could substitute with 100% cocoa powder. (this isn’t raw.)
This mousse satisfies the sweet craving I sometimes get and, at the same time, makes me feel full, which means I don’t crave to eat anything else. Perfect for when I feel I might fall off the wagon!
Even my junk foodist boyfriend likes this!
I like to make it in advance and take it to work the next day. Everyone asks, “What’s that? I thought you ate only raw food?” He he he he!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?Matt_Raw - 2 hours 5 min ago
Need guidance to start kadaknath chicken farming in HyderabadJensenBreck - 3 hours 13 min ago
Suggest Fertilizers for Maze CropsJensenBreck - 3 hours 15 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 23 hours 32 min ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 1 day 1 hour ago