Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield1 big serving or 2 smaller servings
1 tablespoon raw chocolate powder or 100% cocoa powder
1. Cover the dates in warm water and soak for 2 hours (I leave mine soaking over night.). If you don’t want to wait this long, then you can use raw agave nectar. However, leaving the dates to soak for a few hours makes the water very syrupy and scrumptious!
2. When the dates have soaked, add them to a blender and blend. This makes them into a thick syrupy date sauce.
3. They may not mix, so slowly add a little bit of water to get everything spinning. Once everything is spinning, stop adding water.
4. Chop the avocado and add to a food processor.
5. Add the date syrup to the food processor.
6. Add a big tablespoon of raw chocolate powder or 100% cocoa powder.
7. Food process it all.
8. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl to ensure everything gets mixed.
DeborahBee's ThoughtsBy DeborahBee
Really easy, super quick, and yummy chocolate mousse! Flavors, such as orange or lemon, can be added.
If you can’t get hold of raw chocolate powder, you could substitute with 100% cocoa powder. (this isn’t raw.)
This mousse satisfies the sweet craving I sometimes get and, at the same time, makes me feel full, which means I don’t crave to eat anything else. Perfect for when I feel I might fall off the wagon!
Even my junk foodist boyfriend likes this!
I like to make it in advance and take it to work the next day. Everyone asks, “What’s that? I thought you ate only raw food?” He he he he!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Detox Rash?????sherryllmillicentp - 6 hours 8 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?Coconut Goddess - 9 hours 36 min ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthCoconut Goddess - 9 hours 36 min ago
Healthy Choice for not so hip ( mywinlife.com/edwardsgroup )Wayne - 21 hours 4 min ago
New Raw Potluck - Philadelphia, PA Suburbspram3010 - 2 days 10 hours ago