Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield2 not so shy servings
½ cup raw organic cashews
1 organic lemon, medium in size
3 dash organic pink sea salt
This recipe is very simple once your soaking is done.
1. Measure out 1/2 cup raw cashews and soak them in a 8oz glass jar filled with filtered water. Soak nuts for 4-8 hours depending on how much time you have or how much patience you have ; )
2. In the 4-8 hours, go do something nice for yourself. You deserve it. If you can treat yourself to raw food and honor the earth and your body this way then you can make some time to unwind. Take a bubble bath. Go for a nature walk. Make a craft. Meditate. Kick your feet up and relax.
3. Now that you are refreshed and your nuts have been properly soaked, drain them and rinse in filtered water. Transfer to a piece of cheese cloth or a paper towel and gently pat dry. You’re doing this because you don’t want water dripping from them. It really doesn’t make a difference, I’m just a neat freak.
4. The easiest part ever: Toss cashews into a food processor and process them together. Spoon the mixture, add lemon. I used 1/2 a lemon for my recipe. It gave it a SLIGHT hint of lemon and did NOT overpower the taste of the cashews. Start dashing your seal salt and process your mixture again.Keep doing this until you get a creamy, almost whipped, texture. You can also add more lemon or a teaspoon of filtered water.
5. If you want it cold, set in the fridge for a bit. Otherwise, eat as is. I prefer mine cold and well set before consuming.
TheRawDance's ThoughtsBy TheRawDance
Plain philly cream cheese. This recipe is a quick and easy, dreamy cream cheesy. Use it in sushi! Spread it on raw bread, tortillas, bagels, muffins, treats! How about a yummy red pepper relish mixed with cream cheese for a suculent chip dip! Lather up a long celery stalk and chomp chomp chomp! You apple slices might want to take a double dip trip! You can also use this as a base start for raw cheesecake filling, all you’d need to add is some vanilla and agave or honey…Go wild why don’t you?! I created this to go in my “Mock Philly Roll”
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?anewme - 7 hours 36 min ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 2 days 3 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 2 days 3 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 2 days 14 hours ago
Best Juicer?jerocarson - 2 days 15 hours ago