Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Agave nectar or honey
Raw cocoa powder or cacao nibs
1. Grind the cashews in a food processor or blender until finely ground. If you are using nibs, add them at this time too.
2. While the processor is running add a little water at a time until the mixture is about the texture of yogurt or a little thicker.
3. Blend about 2 minutes more to get out all clumps. May want to scrape under blade to get any clumps stuck there.
4. When the texture is smooth to your liking pour it into a container that can go into the freezer.
5. Add agave and cocoa powder to taste and stir.
7. Put mixture into freezer and beat with a whisk or fork every twenty minutes or as the edges start to freeze for about 1 or 2 hours. You can really eat it whenever you like, it doesn’t have to be completely frozen.
You can also eat this unfrozen as a chocolate cream with berries or other fruit. YUMMY!
VARIATIONS: vanilla: add vanilla extract or bean instead of cocoa powder Any fruit: Add fruit or fruit juice (instead of water) to the food processor after the cashews are blended into a cream.
Erin's ThoughtsBy erin
This ice cream is about the richest, creamiest ice cream ever. And it’s REALLY easy. This will satisfy your ice cream cravings no matter how bad you want the real thing…it might even be better. I’m not eating a raw diet, I just have fun experimenting with it and prefer this over regular ice cream. I would imagine this could be frozen with an ice cream maker, but I don’t have one so I have never tried. If you try it let me know how it goes! I did not include amounts because they depend on how much you want to make and your tastes.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone bought a Vita Mix from the US for use in Europe?ellie24 - 4 hours 44 min from now
I wondered where goneraw had gone...TammiTrue - 1 hour 2 min from now
Dehydrator experimentation dayClaireT - 26 min 25 sec ago
Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?TammiTrue - 1 day 11 hours ago
Raw ThanksgivingClaireT - 3 days 2 hours ago