Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
Yield9 squares = 3 Matt servings
1¼ cups raw cashews
1 cup Rejuvelac
½ vanilla bean (scraped)
2 tablespoons agave or honey
Pinch of sea salt
¾ cup dehydrated hazelnut meal (leftover from nut milk)
4 Medjool dates
Dash of olive oil or coconut oil
¼ cup hazelnut meal
1 tablespoon agave or honey
Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak cashews for 6-8 hours in water. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Blend cashews well, adding Rejuvelac as you go, using just as much as you’d need to get a thick cream. You need fluids to move it in your blender, but don’t let it get too runny!
3. Put cashew cream in cheesecloth and hang over a bowl (I just hang it over my sink from the tap) overnight to ferment a bit and firm up. Now it’s nice and cheesy!
4. Mix rest of ingredients into your cheese until completely smooth.
5. Put nut meal and dates in food processor and pulse until it’s a sticky powder.
6. Lightly grease small cake pan or container you’ll be using (I used a small square Tupperware, but that’s all I have).
7. Mush crust ingredients with your hands. Add a little oil if not sticking completely. Press into pan.
8. Spread cheese mixture on top of your crust.
9. Mix together your topping ingredients and crumble on top of your cake.
10. Allow to cool and set in fridge for a few hours. Cut into serving pieces.
Morning_theft's ThoughtsBy Morning_theft
I’m spoiling Matt before I leave for a few months.
The measurements are all estimated, but it turned out very good!
I used leftover nut pulp I dehydrated, but you can use just ground nuts of any kind. I imagine pecans and almonds would work lovely as well.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?ClaireT - 1 day 2 hours ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 4 days 12 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 4 days 14 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 4 days 17 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 5 days 44 min ago