6 bananas (sliced, freeze for at least 12 hours)
1 cup blueberries (frozen)
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Allow the bananas to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly.
2. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor to make a soft and smooth ‘ice cream’. This may take a couple of minutes, and you will need to stop it a couple of times to scrape down the sides.
3. Serve immediately.
Miss_Best's ThoughtsBy Miss_Best
To celebrate the arrival of early summer here in Sweden, I would love to share with you a yummy, cooling recipe.
No ice-cream machine needed! If you have a freezer and a food processor, you are all set.
Pre-freeze the bananas over night or so and when the urge calls, throw everything into the food processor and you have a gorgeous dessert in about 5 minutes (including washing up!).
Now how cool is that? (ha ha!) And if that wasn’t enough, this dessert is fat-free, and also free from added sugar, dairy, nuts, and soya!
You can perhaps see why I eat this dessert all the time! :)
Enjoy this delicious frozen desserts as it is or top with goodies such as:
• Raisins or goji berries
• Chopped nuts (raw, not roasted)
• Dried coconut
• Sliced fresh peaches or berries
• Fresh fruit salad
• Chocolate chips, carob chips, or raw cacao nibs
• Agave or maple syrup
• Mix yellow raisins, chopped dates, gojis, raisins--so pretty!
• Melted raw chocolate. Drizzle this on your ice cream. It sets and goes all crispy.
Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend! :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
nvmncbrulee - 50 min 7 sec ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 3 days 16 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 9 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 19 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 19 hours ago