6 frozen bananas (slice and freeze for at least 12 hours)
1 cup frozen blueberries
Small pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla powder / 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Allow the bananas to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor to make a soft and smooth ‘ice cream’. This may take a couple of minutes, and you will need to stop it a couple of times to scrape down the sides. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious frozen desserts as it is or top with goodies such as:
• Raisins or goji berries
• Chopped nuts (raw, not roasted)
• Dried coconut
• Sliced fresh peaches or berries
• Fresh fruit salad (see page 41 of my e-book)
• Chocolate chips, carob chips or raw cacao nibs
• Agave or maple syrup
• Fresh raspberry sauce (see page 26 of my e-book)
• Nut moja (see page 27 of my e-book)
• Chocolate or carob sauce (see page 28 of my e-book)
• Peanut butter dough (see page 30 of my e-book)
• Mix yellow raisins, chopped dates, gojis, raisins – so pretty!
• Melted raw chocolate. Drizzle this on your ice cream. It sets and goes all crispy.
‘Loving Life – Loving Desserts: 43 delicious, but secretly healthy, recipes to make you smile’ is available from www.miss-best.com
Miss_Best's ThoughtsBy Miss_Best
To celebrate the arrival of early summer here in Sweden, I would love to share with you a yummy, cooling recipe from my e-book ‘Loving Life-Loving Desserts’. In fact this is the dessert that made it to the front cover of my e-book!
This frozen dessert is one of six super quick, easy and yummy ‘Ice Dreams’ that I have included in my book. No ice-cream machine needed! If you have a freezer and a food processor you are all set. Pre-freeze the bananas over night or so and when the urge calls throw everything into the food processor and you have a gorgeous dessert in about 5 minutes (including washing up!). Now how cool is that? (ha ha!) And if that wasn’t enough, this dessert is fat-free, and also free from added sugar, dairy, nuts and soya! You can perhaps see why I eat this dessert all the time! :)
Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend! :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.