YieldFills six Nori sheets
1 cup Fennel bulb, chopped enough for the processor
1/3 cup Pine nuts or Mac nuts
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar or Lemon juice (any more and your mixture will be to wet unless you dehyrate it for a bit)
1 Tbsp Sweetener of choice (Agave tastes good)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Dash of oil if you need to soften the mixture
6 sheets of Nori wraps
Julienned vegetables to roll with the pate (red bell pepper, shredded Romaine, cucumber, fennel fronds)
Nama Shoyu to serve with (optional)
Wasabi to serve with (optional)
1. Process the pate ingredients (fennel, nuts, acid, sweetener, salt, pepper, and oil).
2. If the mixture is so wet that it will make the Nori sheets soggy, spread it out thinly and dehydrate for an hour or so.
3. Lay out a Nori sheet.
4. Spoon out a rope of pate on one edge.
5. Spread out the Julienned veg.
6. Roll up the sheet snugly, trying not to get the outside of the sheet wet. To seal it, wet the loose edge so that it'll stick to the roll.
7. Take a really, really sharp knife and cut up the roll in swift motions. If you don't have a sharp knife, try something serrated.
8. Chill before serving. They're good with wasabi and Nama Shoyu.
Janetfi's ThoughtsBy janetfi
A spicy, savory sushi filling that goes well with Nama Shoyu, wasabi, red bell pepper, shredded Romaine, and cucumber. I served these at a potluck and people seemed to like them.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 1 day 1 hour ago
Greetings All!Claire Turnip - 4 days 5 hours ago
HELPPP! RAW VEGAN GIRLS ONLY!Claire Turnip - 6 days 14 hours ago
Which should I get - Omega Vert VRT330 or Omega 8006?Claire Turnip - 1 week 2 days ago
How to make religious fasting easier on raw?Claire Turnip - 1 week 6 days ago