Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Any kind of fresh raw juice
The hardest part of getting the juice. The rest is easy but takes awhile so choose a day you're around to check on it off & on
1] using a gallon jug with a narrow top, fill it with fresh raw juice making sure to leave enough room for expansion ( cap will be on (for freezing).
2] after it's completely frozen take to the sink , remove cap & turn jug upside down over something tall enough to catch the drippings & to hold the jug up
3]. let it drip naturally (NOT speed the process with warm water:) The juice will come out & the plain ice will remain in the jug.
4] once the drips turn light - clear (not sweet or coloured) remove the jug. of plain ice & at this point you can add hot water & throw out
5] at his point either return concentrated to empty jug & repeat as above or put in the frig.( at this stage can be made into popsicles)
6] repeat as above to melt out the rest of the concentrate from the ice left in jug. .I never had to do it more than once or 2x
7]. Use as is or re-freeze the juice concentrate. Dilute it to taste, I generally use 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate.
( If it's just for me I scoop some & return the jar to the freezer).
ALSO a recipe for ---- No Juicer Rhubarb juice .---
1) just wash the stalks & freeze it whole. (no leaves)
2) once it is completely frozen, put it in a container to thaw.
3) after it goes all limp & juice is dripping out just squeeze out the rest with tongs or your hands (wear gloves) It comes out easy so you hardly have to squeeze.
4) add sweetner of your choice (or a very sweet juice, or juice concentrate)
Rawkin's ThoughtsBy Rawkin
* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.