Rating3.5/5 (from 2 ratings)3.5
YieldMakes 40 1 1/2 inch cookies
1 cup prunes (soaked 30 minutes, chopped)
2 cups raw almonds (soaked, dehydrated)
¾ cup golden flax seeds (ground in Vitamix dry blade or in coffee-grinder)
1/3 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 teaspoon cloves (ground)
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated with a microplane, or else mince)
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon sea salt (freshly ground coarse salt is best)
1. Process everything until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for one hour.
3. Scoop and roll into little balls 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Arrange on a Teflex dehydrator sheet.
4. Cover all the little balls with a big sheet of wax paper or another teflex sheet.
5. Press down on the little balls through the sheet to flatten them into cookie-shapes. You could also use a rolling pin or a saucer to help flatten them.
6. Dehydrate for 8 hours, flip onto a mesh sheet, and dehydrate another 8 hours or until desired consistency is achieved.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
A variation on an Anglo-American classic.
Yummy and bready, spicy but not too spicy. Not too sweet.
Excellent when served warm and topped with my Ginger Cranberry Relish—elsewhere on my profile.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw challenge!CatherineR - 7 hours 23 min ago
Raw Veggie Stew Recipes?davehaster - 1 day 9 hours ago
Are raw sprouts going to make me sick?Sprouting - 1 day 17 hours ago
Have put too much liquid (water from garbanzos) in tahini hummus! how to thicken?ClaireT - 2 days 45 min ago
How to ripen bananasClaireT - 2 days 51 min ago