Rating3.5/5 (from 2 ratings)3.5
YieldMakes 40 1 1/2 inch cookies
1 cup prunes (soaked for 30 minutes, chopped)
2 cups raw almonds (soaked, dehydrated)
¾ cup golden flax seeds (ground in Vitamix dry blade or in coffee-grinder)
1/3 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 teaspoon cloves (ground)
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated with a microplane, or else mince)
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon sea salt (freshly ground coarse salt is best)
1. Process everything until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for one hour.
3. Scoop and roll into little balls 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Arrange on a teflex dehydrator sheet.
4. Cover all the little balls with a big sheet of wax paper or another teflex sheet.
5. Press down on the little balls through the sheet to flatten them into cookie-shapes. You could also use a rolling pin or a saucer to help flatten them.
6. Dehydrate for 8 hours, flip onto a mesh sheet, and dehydrate another 8 hours or until desired consistency is achieved.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
A variation on an Anglo-American classic.
Yummy and bready, spicy but not too spicy. Not too sweet.
Excellent when served warm and topped with my Ginger Cranberry Relish—elsewhere on my profile.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can broccoli be eaten raw?ClaireT - 4 hours 24 min ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthClaireT - 4 hours 29 min ago
Detox Rash?????sherryllmillicentp - 2 days 8 hours ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 5 days 5 hours ago
Activated Living Hemp FoodsTammiTrue - 5 days 5 hours ago