1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dates
3 carrots (grated)
1 cup flax (ground)
1 cup almonds (ground)
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons agave (optional)
BANANA PINE NUT CREAM
1 cup pine nuts
Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak the gojis and raisins for 5 minutes in warm water.
2. Blend the apple and dates in the blender until smooth but not watery.
3. Pour the apple/date puree into a bowl. Add the grated carrots, soaked and strained gojis and raisins, spice, and salt. Stir in the cacao carefully.
4. Add 1/2 cup at a time of the ground flax and almonds. Stir until you have a thick moist dough. You may not need to use all the said amount of the seeds and nuts for this.
5. Test for sweetness and add a little agave or honey if needed.
6. Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture and place on a Teflex sheet. They don’t have to be even looking, more like a rock bun!
7. Dry at 145 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes and then turn down the dryer to 105, turning over the buns to dry the underside.
8. Blend the creme ingredients until you have a pouring cream consistency.
9. Serve with banana/pine nut cream.
Nice cake-like fruit bun with superfoods cacao and gojis.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!