Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldServes 2-4 (depending on appetite)
1 Thumb-sized knob Ginger Root
1 Large Beet
1 cup Carrot
1 Banana (aka Nanner)
1 Apple (any variety will do)
2 Lovely Handfuls of mixed greens
1 pinch Himalayan Salt
1. Peel the pineapple and cut it in half width-wise. I have the fortune of being in a house that owns a Vita-mix, so I use the pineapple core (loads of good enzymes in there!)
2. Store the unused half of the pineapple for later use.
3. Peel the lemon
4. Cut the pineapple, apple, nanner and lemon into manageable chunks and toss them into the Vitamix.
5. Wash your roots well!
6. Juice the carrot, ginger, and beet (I save this step until now so the juice is less exposed to oxygen, your choice though)
7. Blend it all together by capping off the Vitamix, turning the machine on and slowly working up to Speed 10. Let it run until all the parts are smashed together.
8. Throw in the handfuls of greens and Salt then re-blend, this time when you bring the speed up to 10 hit the High speed switch and let that run for about 10 seconds. At this point you can add water if you prefer a thinner smoothie.
9. Pour into a tall glass and let your tummy smile.
MonsieurReality's ThoughtsBy MonsieurReality
This is a smoothie I made one morning for my older brother and I. The combination of ginger and beet is really soothing especially for the digestive tract and the citrus is really energizing. This got my morning started right. This uses a juicer and a Variable Speed Vita-mix. Oh! Be careful with the beet, it can stain everything in sight, including curious dogs!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourClaireT - 5 hours 42 min ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 1 day 3 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 1 day 17 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 2 days 11 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 2 days 11 hours ago