Yield2-6 deserving people
1¼ cups quinoa flakes
1 cup almond meal
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup coconut flakes (I used lite--half the calories)
1 banana (small)
¼ cup agave nectar sweetener
¼ cup cacao nibs
½ cup water
1. Add quinoa flakes, coconut, almond meal, and sea salt and mix dry.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together 1 small banana and the agave.
3. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and fluff.
4. Slowly add approximately 1/2 cup of water until perfect consistency.
5. Form into cookies and eat as is, refrigerate and freeze, or dehydrate and eat warm with some almond milk or raw ice cream.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
I made these tonight and my boyfriend gasped, "They were so good," and grabbed another.
I saw the chocolate chip cookie recipe on this site and had to adapt it. I didn’t have any vanilla or nut butter, but feel free to use it if you have it.
The pic is before I put them on the dehydrator.
Note: I have emailed the quinoa company, Ancient Harvest, to see what their manufacturing process is and if it can really be considered raw. I will let you know. I am also going to try this with with sprouted quinoa at some point to see if it works ok. The only problem is that I don’t have a good grinder or blender.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 5 hours 26 min ago
blackheads!!!Ashleybennet - 13 hours 34 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 21 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 2 days 5 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 3 days 21 hours ago