Yield2-6 deserving people
1¼ cups quinoa flakes
1 cup almond meal
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup coconut flakes (I used lite--half the calories)
1 banana (small)
¼ cup agave nectar sweetener
¼ cup cacao nibs
½ cup water
1. Add quinoa flakes, coconut, almond meal, and sea salt and mix dry.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together 1 small banana and the agave.
3. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and fluff.
4. Slowly add approximately 1/2 cup of water until perfect consistency.
5. Form into cookies and eat as is, refrigerate and freeze, or dehydrate and eat warm with some almond milk or raw ice cream.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
I made these tonight and my boyfriend gasped, "They were so good," and grabbed another.
I saw the chocolate chip cookie recipe on this site and had to adapt it. I didn’t have any vanilla or nut butter, but feel free to use it if you have it.
The pic is before I put them on the dehydrator.
Note: I have emailed the quinoa company, Ancient Harvest, to see what their manufacturing process is and if it can really be considered raw. I will let you know. I am also going to try this with with sprouted quinoa at some point to see if it works ok. The only problem is that I don’t have a good grinder or blender.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Your favorite Raw ice cream recipe?davidw - 21 hours 26 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?bananaboy - 1 day 10 hours ago
16 month old teeth dissolving/crumbling off --- HELPdianas - 1 day 11 hours ago
Apple Cider Vinegar enemas?KoloToo - 1 day 11 hours ago
Eat a Ground Avocado Pit?debrac - 1 day 15 hours ago