Yield4 appetizers, 1-2 main courses
1 avocado, sliced in 8
½ cup spicy sprouts (radish for ex)
½ cup mild sprouts (red clover for ex)
8 lettuce leaves (you'll need ones with a wide green top)
you’ll want to assemble this on a small tray or plate so that each leaf will weigh down the next one. use a tomato or other “paperweight” for the last wraps each time.
1) cut the white rib out ONLY from the bottom to about half way up (leaving the top softer part of the leaf intact). this will leave a shape that looks something like a winter cap with two long ears.
2) place a TB of each kind of sprout on the top of the leaf, in the middle.
3) squish avocado slice on sprouts (use a fork and just press it into the sprouts gently)
4) take RIGHT “ear” of the lettuce and fold it over to the top LEFT, take LEFT and fold it to the top RIGHT. now it will look like a fancy napkin.
5) place on tray/plate, with paperweight keeping it together.
6) repeat 7 more times
note: they are sturdy in your hand even though you need the weight for presentation. you can also opt to put three of so on your plate and just eat them like a fancy salad.
Pianissima's ThoughtsBy pianissima
so named because when you de-rib the bottom of the lettuce it creates two arms that are then folded over each other, as in a big hug. these are REALLY satisfying and simple! serve with arugula pesto, red vinegar, and pink-flecked pilaf.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Wheatgrass in LA !!!bluesky-raw vegan - 1 hour 5 min ago
Hello Rawtariansbluesky-raw vegan - 1 hour 19 min ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
Homemade almond butter?amytee - 1 day 8 hours ago
raw food in richmond, VAmegkup - 2 days 2 hours ago