Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
cores from about 10 zucchini, or a couple of peeled whole zucchini
1/4 c. tahini (or to taste)
2 T olive oil
juice from 1/2 lime (or to taste)
a small piece of garlic
1 t. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
optional-1/4 of a red bell pepper
3 bunches kale
1. Put all hummus ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until perfectly smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. I usually grate the zucchini when making hummus and then squeeze out all of the water, but for this it is better a little thinner.
2. Devein kale and tear into large bite sized pieces. Rinse well and dry as much as possible.
3. In a large bowl, mix hummus with kale and mix until it is all coated, it should be coated pretty heavily.
4. Spread on teflex covered mesh dehydrator sheets and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds. This gives added flavor and makes them very
5. Dehydrate at 115 degrees until crisp. It takes me (in a somewhat humid climate) about 12 hours.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
I was about to make my regular kale chips and realized I didn't have everything I needed. I was also spiralizing zucchini. I usually save the cores to make hummus. So, I decided to combine the two. I am very happy with the result. I usually take these to the movies, then I am not even tempted by the popcorn, my former favorite food. I show them here in my plastic popcorn bucket.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 2 days 6 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 4 days 23 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 5 days 8 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 5 days 8 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 5 days 8 hours ago