1 cup butternut squash, cubed, I used the pieces that were left from spiralizing for another meal, I have also made this with yam and carrots
½ red bell pepper
1 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin, possibly more-to taste
pinch each, salt and cayenne pepper, possibly more-to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large tomato, diced
2 tablespoon cilantro, minced
3 green onions, sliced
½ clove garlic, minced
½ lime, juiced
kernels from 1 ear of corn, optional
salt & pepper, to taste
avocado slices or your fav guac
collard green leaves, 1 per taco
1. Using a food processor, process squash and red pepper until finely minced. If you don’t have a processor, a grater would work.
2. Mix in coriander, cumin, olive oil, salt and cayenne. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. Mix tomato through corn to make pico de gallo (a fresh salsa for topping). You can add a little minced jalapeno or serrano chili for a little extra heat.
4. To serve, divide squash mixture among collard leaves, placing in center.
5. Top with pico and avocado slices or guacamole.
This nutless main dish was named after my good friend’s EX-husband…......
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!