Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield1 pie.. servings depend on you (To share or not to share that is the question?!)
3 cup Fresh Walnuts, Shelled and broken into peices
3½ cup Fresh Dates, Pitted
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
5 Bananas, Or less
1 cup Water
1 tablespoon Olive oil
Juice of one lemon, Freshly squeezed
- In food processor add 2 cups walnuts and cinnamon, process until fine.
- Add oil and 1 cup dates and blend until you have a doughy-sticky ball
- Press crust into bottom of pan (I TOTALLY recommend a cake pan with a removable bottom! I didnâ€™t use one and some of my pieces fell apart when serving!)
- In blender add remaining walnuts and dates, lemon juice, water and 3 of the bananas.
- Blend together until smooth â€“ you will have a beautiful, thick cream
- I sliced one banana and placed pieces on the crust before I poured the cream on, you can use half a banana if youâ€™re not a huge fan of them like me.
- Pour cream over banana slices and smooth.
- Decorate the top with the last banana/other half and sprinkle cinnamon on the very top.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
KurdishMom0607's ThoughtsBy KurdishMom0607
What does a pregnant woman do when her â€œNesting Urgeâ€ kicks in? She makes a pie, of course!
The credit for this recipe goes to Zoe and the Boutenko kids.. Thanks for the inspiration!
Zoeâ€™s recipe calls for berry jam, however, berries are impossible to get this time of year in Kurdistan so I subbed bananas instead (Hey I love bananas!) all of my non-raw-in-laws LOVED this pie so that says a lot right there.
Sorry thereâ€™s no pic, it was accidentally deleted before I could post this. Also just a note: the day I made this our electricity was just awful! And my blender wasnâ€™t working on the weak current so I had to make this all by food processor in batches. It still came out great but Iâ€™m listing the recipe the way it was intended to be made, but just FYI you CAN make this without a blender and it still tastes great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Anyone heard about Alissa Cohen's show?ClaireT - 3 hours 39 min from now
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryLolaQuiz - 1 hour 10 min ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 2 days 16 hours ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 4 days 48 min ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 5 days 16 hours ago