7 large tomatoes
1 medium jalepeno pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro
6 small scallions, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium cumumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
1 lime, freshly squeezed
½ teaspoon black pepper, coarsley ground
.125 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Process garlic and jalepeno in food processor until finely chopped. Then, add 1/3 cup cilantro, scallions and green pepper; pulse to coarsely chop (about 10 times).
- Transfer ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Core 3 tomatoes and chop into 1-inch pieces. Juice tomato cores.
- Place cored tomatoes in food processor and pulse to coarsely chop (about 8 times) then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Slice cucumbers in half, remove seed center and slice, either by hand or in food processor. Add to mix. Juice seed centers.
- Juice remaining 4 tomatoes and limes. Add all juice to mix.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill before serving. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is a summertime favorite, serve well chilled.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Favorite quotescxalbatross - 1 hour 31 min ago
candida?dianag5019 - 15 hours 5 min ago
Candida and feeling weirddianag5019 - 15 hours 6 min ago
Need to lose weightcxalbatross - 3 days 1 hour ago
Has anyone tried the watermelon island? What are the results?coconutty - 3 days 12 hours ago