7 large tomatoes
1 medium jalepeno pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro
6 small scallions, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium cumumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
1 lime, freshly squeezed
½ teaspoon black pepper, coarsley ground
.125 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Process garlic and jalepeno in food processor until finely chopped. Then, add 1/3 cup cilantro, scallions and green pepper; pulse to coarsely chop (about 10 times).
- Transfer ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Core 3 tomatoes and chop into 1-inch pieces. Juice tomato cores.
- Place cored tomatoes in food processor and pulse to coarsely chop (about 8 times) then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Slice cucumbers in half, remove seed center and slice, either by hand or in food processor. Add to mix. Juice seed centers.
- Juice remaining 4 tomatoes and limes. Add all juice to mix.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill before serving. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is a summertime favorite, serve well chilled.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourClaireT - 9 hours 24 min ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 1 day 7 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 1 day 20 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 2 days 15 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 2 days 15 hours ago