YieldMaybe 10? I don't know. I forgot to count.
1 cup almonds (unsoaked)
1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons agave (more or less depending on if you want it more rich or more sweet)
2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
1 teaspoon coconut oil/butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne (I just tasted until it was right to me)
Extra cocoa (for rolling truffles)
1. Grind almonds to a powder in food processor (doesn't have to be too fine).
2. Add cacao, agave, vanilla, coconut flakes, and coconut oil/butter.
3. Add cayenne to taste. You don't want it too spicy (or do you?), but just enough to let the flavors mingle together as they dance across your palette in a harmonious tango.
4. Let ingredients go around a few more times in processor till well mixed.
5. While processor is going, add just enough water to form a doughy mixture.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto parchment paper.
7. Roll around in your hand to a create ball out of each one. Roll in cocoa powder.
8. Place in freezer, if you want, you could eat them now. They would be really chewy and soft, or wait an hour or two and eat them from the freezer when they will be firm and slightly chewy.
Graceinyaface's ThoughtsBy graceinyaface
These are very yummy, not too sweet, but super rich.
They have a very subtle lingering spice to them that complements the chocolate nicely.
If you've never had cayenne and chocolate, it's the perfect combination of flavors.
This is one of those desserts that should be enjoyed slowly, every bite savored as you notice the different flavors passing over your tongue and through your mouth to make a completely sublime experience.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?anniestk - 1 hour 39 min ago
Sunken eyesanniestk - 2 hours 51 min ago
Loss of libido (male) :(anniestk - 3 hours 1 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?lea01 - 16 hours 17 min ago
How to make a morning smoothie when you have no timeanniestk - 1 day 9 hours ago