Yield2 to 4 Happy People
2 cup barley (soaked)
1 cup mung beans (soaked, skinned)
1 cup flax (ground)
1 clove garlic
1 head fresh basil (optional)
1 cup sundried tomatoes (soaked)
½ cup dried mushrooms (soaked with tomatoes)
¼ cup goji berries (soaked with above)
1 cup water
1 clove garlic or more to taste
½ cup pitted black olives (optional)
1 cup nut cheese (I used half macadamia nuts, half pine nuts, blended with garlic)
1. First I sprouted the mung beans and barley for a day and a half. Soak over-night then drain the next morning. Rinse a couple of times during the day and put in the fridge if you want. The way I removed the skins from the Mung beans was to put them in a big bowl with several inches of water above them. Take a big slotted spoon or small strainer and stir clockwise until a whirlpool is created. Then hold the strainer or spoon against the current to collect the skins- do this several times. I got about 90% this way. Don’t worry if some of the skins don’t come off.
2. Then I blended the mung beans and barley in a Cuisinart. I added a shot of olive oil and a clove of garlic and a little sea salt. I blended for a couple minutes stopping to push the dough down. It will be kind of like oatmeal at this point.
3. Then I covered the bottom of a bowl with about a quarter cup of flax meal. At this point, it’s good to put a little olive oil on your hands. Then work the dough. Keep working the flax meal into the dough until it’s stiff. I used a little less than the full cup of flax. Break the dough into 6 small balls and then roll them out into mini pizza crusts. Place these on the dehydrator for appx 5 hours.
4. Then in the mean time soak the goji berries in a cup of water. Add a dash of olive oil(garlic infused or add a chopped clove of garlic here), the mushrooms, and the sundried tomatoes. I chopped the tomatoes before I soaked them. The olive oil I was using was infused with garlic and mushrooms for added flavor. Soak for a couple of hours but 5 is ok too. Blend to a chunky consistency in the Cuisinart.
5. I made a really quick nut cheese by taking half macadamia nuts and half pine nuts and blending them with a little of the olive oil, a clove of garlic if you like garlic and some sea salt- and about a quarter cup of water.
6. Once the crust is done remove from Teflex and place directly on dehydrator with the soft side down. Layer the sauce and cheese and any other toppings you like. If you were brave enough to dehydrate on the screen from the get-go then this is the time you can put the pizza in a little shallow dish and place it directly on the dehydrator- so it can go directly to the table or family members can grab and go when they’re hungry. You can heat them up for half an hour all the way up to 5 hours pretty much- kind of the way a crock pot dinner works.A bubbly drink like homemade
A bubbly drink like homemade ginger ale or lemonade would be good with this.
You can also pre-dehydrate the cheese on a Teflex sheet while the crust is going- just watch it because I didn’t test this out so I don’t know if it can make it the full 5 hours without getting too hard.
Also- Add olive oil to the outside of the crust if you don’t want it too dry. I put a little flax meal underneath the crusts to make them easy to get off of the Teflex.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
I experimented with a mung bean and barley crust and it was really good!
Goji berries add some zip to the sauce.
Super fast- only took about 5 hours to be crispy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
On and off RawCreativelycc - 6 hours 39 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?Creativelycc - 6 hours 53 min ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 3 days 17 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 3 days 17 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 4 days 4 hours ago