1 cup almonds (finely ground)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 bananas (broken up)
1 1/2 apples (diced)
Handful of raisins (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Splash of vanilla
1. Grind almonds and sunflower seeds to a fine powder. Put in a separate container.
2. Blend the bananas with the vanilla until creamy.
3. Stir it into the almond/sunflower powder until you reach a batter like consistency. Stir in the raisins (optional). Set aside.
4. Drop your diced apples and half the contents of the cinnamon into the blender and blend until crushed. Don’t worry if bigger bits of apples do not crush, it’s better this way. Put into a small container and set aside.
5. In your dehydrator, drop a cookie sized portion of the batter onto a sheet and flatten it with a spatula. There should be about 6 in all.
6. Dehydrate until soft and bread-like, not hard.
7. Once they are done, place one of the cakes on a plate or bowl. Add a layer of your apple sauce. Then add some of the banana cream.
8. Add another cake on top and just put the banana cream.
9. Sprinkle some of the remaining cinnamon over top.
OceanBliss's ThoughtsBy OceanBliss
This is a super delicious banana cream cake I made accidentally.
Tastes so good and especially great for breakfast. Filling too!
That’s all there is to it. If you over dehydrate your cakes (like I did) and they become crunchy, the banana cream will soften it if you let it sit for a few minutes.
Photo is half eaten, I almost forgot to take the picture!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?geos5 - 13 hours 3 min ago
raw food in richmond, VAmegkup - 15 hours 20 min ago
BuckwheatHarmony1 - 16 hours 37 min ago
sprout bag alfalfa failure!!matteo - 18 hours 21 min ago
Irish Moss dishesTammiTrue - 1 day 13 hours ago