Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes 18 ’slices’
1/2c olive oil
1 Â½c sun dried tomatoes
3c sprouted buckwheat (2 Â½c dry & unsprouted)
1 Â½c flax meal
3 Â½c peeled courgette, roughly chopped
2c apple, cored and roughly chopped
3T lemon juice
1 large onion
Â½c minced parsley
- Process the olive oil, sun dried toms, sprouted buckwheat, courgette, apple, lemon juice, avocados, onion and herbs until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix with the flax meal by hand. The reason you do this separately (not in the processor) is that you are likely to have too much mixture for the size if the processor at this point, and when you add the flax meal it will become quite heavy and sticky and overwork your machine.
- When mixed, process the whole batter in the machine again, but in small batches to achieve a light fluffy texture.
- Divide the mixture in half and place on Paraflexx sheets on dehydrator trays.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly to all 4 sides and corners of the Paraflexx sheet. If mixture is too sticky you can wet the spatula to make things easier. With a knife score the whole thing into 9 squares.
- Dehydrate for 2 hours and then remove the Paraflexx sheets by placing another dehydrator tray and mesh on top and invert so that your original sheet of bread is upside down. That will allow you to peel the Paralexx sheet off and continue to dehydrate the underside of the bread.
- Dehydrate for approx 8 hours more (do this overnight so youâ€™re not tempted to eat it before itâ€™s ready) or until bread feels light in your hand. If the pieces donâ€™t fully come apart where you scored, use a knife to cut them.
2T lemon juice
2T chopped onion
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
For the mushrooms picturedâ€¦
- Cut portabello mushrooms into thick 1cm wide strips. Marinade them for a couple of hours or overnight in equal parts of tamari and olive oil.
- Arrange them on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate overnight.
Linnylooloo's ThoughtsBy linnylooloo
From therawchefblog.com! I wanted to save it and thought I might as well make it public and share. :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Anyone heard about Alissa Cohen's show?Smileen - 8 hours 58 min ago
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryLolaQuiz - 18 hours 46 min ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 3 days 9 hours ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 4 days 18 hours ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 6 days 9 hours ago