1 cup oat groats
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup flax meal
10 Medjool dates (in 1 cup warm/hot water)
2 to 3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 vanilla bean
1. Soak oats, almonds, and dates overnight.
2. Process almonds, after rinsing well and draining, until broken down really well.
3. Add oats, after rinsing well and draining, and process.
4. Add dates and the soak water (processing separately until smooth, and then adding is a nifty trick that keeps chunks out of the mix).
5. Add flax, cinnamon, and scrape vanilla bean a few times into mix.
6. Process until dough-like. Eat as cereal or dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit until you get the dryness or gooeyness you want.
Naturalkandy's ThoughtsBy naturalkandy
This was originally going to be my fix for a snickerdoodle cookie craving, but when I took a bite of the batter, I realized I had never tasted oatmeal this good in all my life!
So it can be served as an awesome breakfast cereal or throw it in the dehydrator for cookies or bars!
A little bit is filling so it can serve quite a few people!
You could also change out the oats for another soaked or sprouted grain, add some fruit, whatever makes you smile!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
On and off RawRequisite - 5 hours 44 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 1 day 8 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 22 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 22 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 6 days 9 hours ago