Yield9 (2 pieces each serving)
3 yellow onions, large
1 cup flax seeds (golden, brown or a combo), ground
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- Peel and half the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
- Place onions in large bowl and mix with rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
- Dehydrate at 100°F for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically). Usually makes 18 pieces.
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations! Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach caesar salad.
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution. I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency and the Nama Shoyu percentage is down for taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Your favorite Raw ice cream recipe?davidw - 1 day 1 hour ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?bananaboy - 1 day 14 hours ago
16 month old teeth dissolving/crumbling off --- HELPdianas - 1 day 15 hours ago
Apple Cider Vinegar enemas?KoloToo - 1 day 16 hours ago
Eat a Ground Avocado Pit?debrac - 1 day 20 hours ago