1 1/2 cups / 200g / 7oz cashew nuts
5 ripe plums, choose the large variety with deep red skin
1 pod of fresh vanilla
c. 100ml (just under 1/2 cup) of water
Make the parts:
1. Empty the cashews into the mini processor
2. Split the vanilla pod lengthways using a sharp knife. Open the pod up and peel the sides back to reveal the seeds. Using the knife or a teaspoon scrape the black vanilla seeds into the processor with the cashews.
3. Stone and peel one plum, chop it up into small pieces and add to the other ingredients in the mini processor.
4. Add 100 ml of water and blend the mixture well, until it’s a smooth paste. Add a little more water if necessary to make the cream a consistency you like. Remember that it will thicken slightly when left to stand.
5. Remove the cream from the processor to a bowl. Clean the processor.
6. Stone and chop a further 2 plums into small pieces (I leave the skin on these). Put into the processor and blend until you have a smooth sauce. You may need to stop and push the fruit down onto the blades several times.
7. Stone and chop the remaining 2 plums into small pieces.
Construct the desserts:
1. Place half of the chopped plums into the bottom of 3 attractive serving glasses.
2. Top with about a third of the plum sauce.
3. Next, add a layer consisting of about half of the cashew cream, carefully smoothing it out to meet the edge of the serving glasses.
4. Start another layer: Place the rest of the chopped plums on top of the cashew cream, and top with another third of the plum sauce.
5. Spoon the remaining cashew cream on top of the plums; to make it look like a traditional cream fool, I like to leave it in dollop formation!
6. Drizzle the remainder of the plum sauce over the top of the cashew cream.
Plum and vanilla is a match made in heaven…this fool-style, creamy, sweet, delectable dessert is amazing yet, so simple. Two main ingredients, a bit of vanilla and some water…20 minutes and you’re done.
My recipe serves 3 people with enough left over for chef prerogative of licking out the bowl!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!