¾ cup almonds
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup coconut
2 tablespoons agave nectar
½ teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 cup strawberries, raspberries, or berry of choice
3 to 4 soft dates (pitted, soaked)
1. In a food processor, grind the almonds, cashews, and coconut into a finely ground flour.
2. Add the dates, agave, vanilla and sea salt, and process until it forms a ball of dough.
3. Flatten the dough out into a large rectangle, and cut it into four smaller rectangles. To keep them from losing their shape, place each one on a piece of parchment paper.
4. Spread a thin layer of berry filling on the center of two of the rectangles.
5. Then cover the topped rectangles with the other two berryless ones, carefully peeling off the parchment backing.
6. Pinch the edges to seal in the filling and poke small holes with either a cake tester or toothpick in the top of each Pop-Tart to resemble the original toaster pastry.
7. Instead of toasting these, pop them into the dehydrator until firm. I left mine for about 36 hours, which seems like a long time to wait for a Pop-Tart.
Miss junk food? You can have it raw!
These can be eaten right away, or stored in the freezer, like the current frozen Pop-Tart trend.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!