Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
2 cups macadamia nuts
1 cup water
½ cup sucanot
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ginger (ground)
¼ teaspoon cloves (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
2 cups baby carrots
1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
1. In your food processor, process the macadamia nuts, water, sucanot, salt, and spices until absolutely smooth. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Again in the food processor, process the baby carrots until absolutely smooth. This should take somewhere between 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the nut mixture back into the carrot puree and blend.
4. Add optional coconut oil and blend until smooth. Pour into a pie shell. If using coconut oil, chill until set.
5. Alternatively, warm in dehydrator until warmed through, about 3 hours, and serve.
Poemomm's ThoughtsBy poemomm
This pie was created to replicate the taste and mouth feel of the traditional recipe on the back of the Libby’s Pumpkin can. Macadamia nuts substitute for cream, while carrots hide in place of pumpkin.
There is some debate about sweeteners in the raw community. I’ve chosen to opt to use real raw evaporated cane juice in this recipe (and many of my new ones) in place of agave. Feel free to sub in agave or soaked Medjool date,s but be aware that the taste will change.
Spices, which do not contain enzymes and whose health properties increase substantially when ground or processed, should be treated like food supplements or medicines. I recommend using the spices I list rather than trying to use ‘really raw’ spices like ginger--if you must, please reduce the amount considerably.
Coconut oil helps the pie set, but it may be omitted. A real Libby’s pie is more softly set than most raw recipes would have you think, and this pie really doesn’t need to thicken to work. Serve with the Light Pie Crust on my profile (pictured).
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Any raw vegans in Mexico?alanm - 1 day 21 hours ago
What would actually happen if everyone went vegan?ClaireT - 4 days 6 hours ago
Which one is better?EeEss - 1 week 1 day ago
Im having some problems...how do I do this?ClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offEeEss - 1 week 6 days ago