Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield1 roll; slice it and eat it!
1 fruit leather
1½ cups walnut, almond, or poppy seed
½ cup dates
2 tablespoons cocoa or carob
Sprinkle of raisins or dried fruit
½ cup water
MAKING FRUIT LEATHER
1. Process fruit in food processor or juicer. I use apple or plums, but you can make it from any fruit.
2. Spread it onto the dryer sheets and dehydrate.
3. After about 8 hours, turn it over and dry for another few hours, until soft, leathery, and not too dry.
4. Blend ingredients in food processor into a thick creamy paste. Play with quantities, spices, and ingredients.
5. Spread it onto fruit leather to desired thickness.
6 .Sprinkle dried fruit on it. Roll it up (a bit like sushi).
Ilkafanni's ThoughtsBy ilkafanni
Beigli is a traditional Christmas treat in Hungary. In traditional Hungarian filling, there is walnut and poppy seed.
Here is a delicious raw version.
The given quantities for the ingredients are approximate, play with them yourself.
You can let it sit for a little while but it is great to eat right then.
Great snack. Yummy. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Sensitive teeth since bring rawClaireT - 3 hours 23 min ago
Dreadlocksstreem26 - 11 hours 15 min ago
Diet and Exercising for Weight Loss!!!streem26 - 11 hours 28 min ago
Pueraria mirifica - Fountain of Youthlofms - 1 day 13 hours ago
Edamame education neededlaurad - 3 days 7 hours ago