Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield1 roll; slice it and eat it!
1 fruit leather
1½ cups walnut, almond, or poppy seed
½ cup dates
2 tablespoons cocoa or carob
Sprinkle of raisins or dried fruit
½ cup water
1. For the leather, process fruit in food processor or juicer. I use apple or plums, but you can make it from any fruit.
2. Spread it onto the dryer sheets and dehydrate.
3. After about 8 hours, turn it over and dry for another few hours, until soft, leathery, and not too dry.
4. For the rest, blend ingredients in food processor into a thick creamy paste. Play with quantities, spices, and ingredients.
5. Spread it onto fruit leather to desired thickness.
6 .Sprinkle dried fruit on it. Roll it up (a bit like sushi).
The given quantities for the ingredients are approximate, play with them yourself.
You can let it sit for a little while but it is great to eat right then.
Ilkafanni's ThoughtsBy ilkafanni
Beigli is a traditional Christmas treat in Hungary. In traditional Hungarian filling, there is walnut and poppy seed.
Here is a delicious raw version.
Great snack. Yummy. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.