Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
2 cups fruit of choice
1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
1. Process the fruit (I used strawberries) in a food processor for about 3 minutes or until completely smooth. Make sure to remove any seeds if you are using anything like apricots that has a pit. This is great for any type of berry like blueberries or raspberries.
2. Spread thinly onto a Teflex dehydrator sheet.
3. Dehydrate at 115 F for about 10 hours or until you get a fruit leather. (Hint: You could stop and tear into strips at this point and have fruit roll-ups!)
4. When it is fully dehydrated, submerge in water and allow it to re-hydrate for about an hour.
5. Drain well, and then back into the processor. Add in the agave at this point if you desire to sweeten a bit.
6. Process until smooth, transfer to a glass jar, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This just helps it firm up some and makes it a bit more spreadable.
Rawrach's ThoughtsBy rawrach
Flexible recipe for any fruit you wish to make into a spreadable jelly/preserve.
This is very simple, but I added it because I didn’t see any other preserve recipes here.
It is great for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, breakfast, or anything else you would normally use jelly for.
Enjoy on raw breads, crackers, or whatever else you can come up with.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitClaireT - 3 days 16 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 6 days 19 hours ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 1 week 18 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 week 19 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 week 1 day ago