Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1/3 rounded cup rhubarb (sliced)
1 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
1 tablespoon raw honey
1/2 cup raw almonds
5-6 dates (pitted, chopped)
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
1. Thinly slice rhubarb and strawberries.
2. Place in a bowl and drizzle with honey.
3 .Stir well, loosening any honey that has adhered to the bowl. Set aside.
4. In a Magic Bullet (preferred for small quantities) or food processor, grind almonds into a flour. Add a pinch of sea salt if desired.
5. Coarsely chop dates and add. Pulse to mix. The crust mixture will be crumbly.
6. Press crust into the bottom of two ramekins or one 4 inch pie dish.
7. Top with strawberry-rhubarb filling, using discretion with the amount of juice you include. If preparing to serve later, add strawberry-rhubarb filling just before serving.
FawnM's ThoughtsBy FawnM
Behold: the freshest Strawberry Rhubarb Pie you’ll ever eat.
And if you’re squirming about raw rhubarb and potential toxicity, it’s the leaves of the plant that we shouldn’t eat raw. We’re using the stalks. Promise.
I’ll keep this short and, well, sweet, kinda like the 5-item ingredient list below.
Crust will keep in the fridge for several days. Prepared strawberries are best within a day.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
On and off RawCreativelycc - 3 hours 55 sec ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?Creativelycc - 3 hours 15 min ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 3 days 13 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 3 days 14 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 4 days 27 min ago